USDA: Delivering Results for the American People
From 2009 to 2012, under the leadership of Secretary Tom Vilsack, USDA has produced impressive results for the American people.
USDA is working hard to strengthen the American agricultural economy, to revitalize rural communities, to conserve our natural resources, and to provide a safe, sufficient and nutritious food supply for the American people. Over these four years, USDA has supported farmers, ranchers and growers with more than 134,000 farm loans; provided assistance to nearly 60,000 small rural businesses to create and save nearly 300,000 jobs; helped raise a healthier generation by promoting healthier food and lifestyles for tens of millions of American children; implemented tougher, safer food safety standards for meat and poultry; and continued working with more than 500,000 landowners to enhance conservation.
We're proud of these efforts - and we know that there is much yet to accomplish in partnership with rural communities, businesses, farmers and ranchers.
Read about the Department's Blueprint for Stronger Service effort to improve, innovate and modernize.
To learn more about USDA's work and how it touches the lives of the American people, please take a look at the fact sheets listed below which document some of our most significant accomplishments since 2009.
- USDA's Top Accomplishments, 2009-2012 (PDF, 40KB)
- USDA Results: Agriculture (PDF, 40KB)
- USDA Results: Civil Rights (PDF, 39KB)
- USDA Results: Conservation (PDF, 40KB)
- USDA Results: Energy (PDF, 36KB)
- USDA Results: Food Safety (PDF, 34KB)
- USDA Results: Global Food Security (PDF, 114KB)
- USDA Results: Local and Regional Food Systems (PDF, 40KB)
- USDA Results: Nutrition (PDF, 42KB)
- USDA Results: Organic Agriculture (PDF, 40KB)
- USDA Results: Research (PDF, 38KB)
- USDA Results: Rural Development (PDF, 50KB)
- USDA Results: Trade (PDF, 35KB)
Visit our Flickr site to view more photos.