Food, Farm and Jobs Bill
The Agricultural Act of 2014 is important legislation that provides authorization for services and programs that impact every American and millions of people around the world. The new Farm Bill builds on historic economic gains in rural America over the past five years, while achieving meaningful reform and billions of dollars in savings for the taxpayer.
The new Farm Bill will allow USDA to continue record accomplishments on behalf of the American people, while providing new opportunity and creating jobs across rural America. It will enable USDA to further expand markets for agricultural products at home and abroad, strengthen conservation efforts, create new opportunities for local and regional food systems and grow the biobased economy. It will provide a dependable safety net for America's farmers, ranchers and growers. It will maintain important agricultural research, and ensure access to safe and nutritious food for all Americans.
- 2014 Farm Bill Highlights (PDF, 72KB)
- USDA Announces 2014 Farm Bill Stakeholder Meeting Dates (Press Release, 03/05/14)
- Secretary Vilsack Addresses Commodity Classic on Farm Bill Implementation (Transcript 02/28/14)
- 5 Ways the Farm Bill Strengthens the Economy
- Blog: The President Signs the Farm Bill: "A Jobs Bill, an Innovation Bill, a Research Bill, and a Conservation Bill"
Join the Conversation:
- Secretary Vilsack asks you to use #MyFarmBill to share your stories on what the Food, Farm and Jobs Bill means to you and your communities.