Agricultural Systems and Technology
The Office of the Chief Scientist prioritizes and coordinates scientific efforts that advance agricultural systems and technology across the Department as well as with partners in the scientific community. These partners include other federal agencies and university scientists as well as a range of other stakeholders.
This area of science includes a range of technologies, methods and systems for advancing agricultural productivity and profitability along with stewardship of the natural and human resources that agriculture and society depend upon for long-term success.
OCS Point of Contact: Jill Auburn
- Global Food Security in the Office of the Chief Scientist (OCS)
- USDA in-house research on sustainable agricultural systems (ARS)
- Agricultural Systems research, education, and extension programs (NIFA)
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (NIFA-SARE)
- Alternative Food Systems Information Center (ARS/NAL)
- Agricultural Resources and Environmental Indicators Report (ERS)
- Farm practices and management analyses (ERS)
- Local food system analyses (ERS)
- Organic agriculture analyses (ERS)
- National Agroforestry Center (USDA Forest Service and NRCS)
- Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food (USDA)
- USDA Sustainable Development (OCE)
- eXtension Communities of Practice on a range of topics related to sustainable agricultural systems.